Phase 2 of the Payments Strategy Forum kicked off with a meeting on 16 December 2016.
This new stage of the Forum will take ownership of the first phase of design and implementation in 2017. At the meeting the Forum agreed its high level working structures and milestone plan for 2017. It has created a “Design Hub” to progress the design of the New Payments Architecture and a Working group to progress the next stage of work on the Financial Crime Solutions.
It was the first time that the Forum had met since the launch of the final Strategy. Ruth Evans, Chair, said:
“It was great to see everyone back after a well-deserved but short break – refreshed and ready to continue working to ensure that our recommendations are implemented. By meeting so soon after the publication we are showing our commitment to progress, at pace, the delivery of our Strategy”
The Forum was advised that three new Members were joining the Forum:
- Brendan Pielow, Cabinet Office
- Hamish MacLeod, Mobile UK
- Paul Horlock, Nationwide, who will act as a point of co-ordination between the Forum and API Implementation Entity
The Forum was also advised that the following Members have now stepped down from the Forum:
- Adam Marshall, British Chambers of Commerce
- Nick Davies, DWP (replaced by Brendan Pielow as Government User Representative)
- Lisa Felton, Vodafone (replaced by Hamish Macleod as telecoms representative)
- Tom Ironside, BRC (who is seeking a replacement to represent retailers).